And Yet Again...
I lost still another hour and half's worth of a post. That will teach me! Arg! >:-O
So. Back to recreating the post. If only my brain were functional.
I went shopping with my mom on Friday. Yes, for those of you who know me, I went shopping...for clothes, no less! That's right, a clone has taken over. Run for the hills!
Still, I made a killing: huge sales! No tax! Friendly service! It was a good day, all right. Especially since I hate clothes shopping. :0)
Unless...books? More books? Still more books? Hella, yeah! Stationery? Rubber stamps? Fountain pens? Ink? Wax seals? Better believe it, bay bee! But I've been good and haven't bought any of these things recently...except maybe an order or two from Amazon, and some e-books from LI, EC, and Changeling. *whistles nonchalantly*
Still, as if I've had time to do any writing, whether snail mail or e-mail, that didn't involve a check. >:-(
Am seriously looking forward to seeing Corpse Bride (I adored Nightmare Before Christmas) and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but since those are not quite here yet, might cave in and see The 40-Year-Old Virgin. Yes, I know, the title and plot sure are eyeball-roll inducing, but it's been garnering rave reviews among critics and audiences alike, so it's doable, I suppose. I have no intention of seeing The Wedding Crashers, however good it's also been doing. I'm not much of an Owen Wilson fan and Vince Vaughn was HOT in Jurassic Park, but no longer. Shallow? Me? Nah. As if I were any hot stuff. Ha!
And if you haven't caught it yet, go see March of the Penguins. Aside from the awesome story, it's got Morgan Freeman as the narrator. I mean, c'mon! Morgan Freeman! You won't be disappointed!
So what have I been up to this past week? Work, work, and still more work at the day job. But that's boring stuff you don't want to hear about.
Still haven't done laundry, though I did take care of some bills. Blech!
I also read 3 new LI submissions: all vampire stories. Yee haw! lol.
2 of these were from 1 author and I think they will make for quite a good series once some tweaking and ironing out are done. It was straightforward reading and pretty engaging.
The third book was like the ones above. It, too, will make a fine series once some things are ironed out. It was also very easy reading.
I'd say to look out for these authors, but since I'm not sure if I can mention their names or not, I'll just say stay tuned for now.
A belated congratulations to Alicia Sparks on the release of the second book in her Desert Moon series: Desert Moon 2: Cael. Be sure to check out the first book, too: Desert Moon 1: Ah-ten. Turn on the a/c and bring on the iced tea! ;-D
If you're fans of Alicia, Jeigh Lynn, Eve Vaughn, Willa Okati, and/or Brenda Bryce, why not check out their Websites (see the links on the sidebar) and join their Yahoo Groups? But only if you're 18 or older, please!
Alicia Sparks: alicia_sparks_61
Jeigh Lynn and Brenda Bryce: Nightsweats
Eve Vaughn: evevaughnsbooks
Willa Okati: willaokati




2 Comments:
since I am reading these backwards and it is now Wednesday, did you EVER get your laundry done?
Of course...NOT! Maybe this weekend. And I DO mean maybe!
Post a Comment
<< Home