Blue Toes and Frozen Nose
It snowed here overnight... after another night and day of pouring rain. The temps are in mid to high teens (check out my new weather sticker on the side bar), so needless to say, I'm shivering my patooties off, which isn't helping my editing any. :-O I sure could use some hot chocolate, fried chicken and lots of junk food right now. :-D Anybody got a functioning transporter pad I can use? :-D
Have I mentioned that Eve Vaughn wrote the character of Christine in the thrilling story Blood Brother's 3: Romeo Unleashed for me? She also named a character after me in Tag's Folly (see below), who will end up having her own book! Whoo hoo! Thanks, Eve! :-D
Brenda Bryce, author of the well-reviewed and fabulous Regulating Archimedes and Midas' Treasure, is working on a lovely story about a lonely tree sprite, named after -- you got it! -- me! This tender story is full of Brenda's trademark humor and passion and I feel so honored! Thanks, Brenda! :-D
J. L. Langley's The Tin Star is completed and will be releasing soon. I guarantee Ethan and Jamie's story will knock your socks off! In fact, J. L. is already working on the sequel, which will involve the hunky sheriff. Whoo hoo! Make sure to check here or at J.L's blog for updates!
The same goes for Eve Vaughn's Tag's Folly, which will appear in a Valentine's Day anthology, Wild Wishes. Please look for these to be published from Loose Id in the near future. Eve also has plans for a sequel to this wonderful and heartening story, so stay tuned for news here or at Eve's Website.
Willa Okati's third book in her Brotherhood series will also be published soon. Please keep an eye out for The Dragon's Tongue, a fanstatic story also from Loose Id. Her Website is being overhauled right now, so please check it frequently and don't forget to join her newsgroup, Willa Okati's Updates, for what her latest projects are. I've already got the next Brotherhood book in my hot paws, The Good Luck Piece. Yee haw!!
My current edits include Willa's The Good Luck Piece, as well as Ann Lory's Eternal Embrace and Kate Steele's By Blood's Decree. Both Ann and Kate have written exciting vampire stories that I'm sure you'll enjoy. Although Ann is working on her Website, please check there frequently as well as Kate's Website.
Don't think Jeigh Lynn has been forgotten. No way! This lady has been busily writing multiple stories! All I can tell you is that she's hard at it for the next two Moon books -- that is, Brent's (A New Moon) and Marisa's (Once in a Blue Moon) stories. Oh, I cannot wait till I read them in their entirety!
Other news --
I'm also reading a resubmission of a story and so far it's looking pretty good. I anticipate another 2 weeks before I'll be done, though I hope to be much quicker than that. :-)
There will be more editing type posts, including the grammar issues. I know you probably want more writing tips than the grammar, but we have to start somewhere, lol, and honestly, there are excellent resources about the writing business elsewhere.
In fact, you should really check out S. L. Viehl's blog (see what I wrote about her books here), Angela Knight's Website, and Morgan Hawke's Website. These ladies are fabulous and brilliant writers and share a lot of their insights, so please be sure to go read what they've written at their sites, as well as their awesome books.
I'll be adding more book reviews, too, including those for Catherine Spangler, Robin D. Owens, Victoria Laurie, etc. :-D (Hint: Hotfoot it to your nearest library or bookstore or BOTH and read these ladies' books NOW!)




6 Comments:
You name dropper you.
Thanks. I appreciate it. A whole lot. :)
Keep your toes and nose warm.
Me? A name dropper? Darn tootin'! lol.
Actually, the only names I dropped whom I don't know personally are those of S. L. Viehl, Angela Knight, and Morgan Hawke. I admire these ladies tremendously, and their talent is truly amazing.
I named them specifically because I know that they've posted quite a bit of information about writing and the publishing industry, knowledge which I do not have, but which I think new writers and established writers would find very helpful and interesting.
Everyone else I named I have really worked with, including you, lady! lol. :-)
Aha! I do have some names to drop, actually, lol.
I was classmates with Anthony Michael Hall and Robert Urich's nephew (Tom Urich's son); and Madeleine L'Engle taught at the same school. :-D
I was went to school with Lucy Liu, but we knew each other only in passing. :-D
Oh, what a tangled web we weave, lol.
See what you started, Brenda?!
I looked up Lucy Liu's biography at The Internet Movie Database and saw that 2 other of our high school classmates are also in show business: Yelba Osorio and Zorikh Lequidre. I confess I remember Zorikh but not Yelba (my apologies).
And, hopefully, I'm now done with the name dropping, lol. None of these people would ever remember me, except as a picture in the high school yearbook, but then that's the whole point of name dropping, isn't it? They don't know who we are, but we know who they are, lol.
Just blame it all on Brenda Bryce.
Ha,
Well, I attended the high school that the original Gerber Baby was the head of the English department.
So there.
*long pause*
I see.
Well, certainly the original Gerber baby trumps all my offerings to the name-dropping pot.
*smirk*
lol. Hey, you started it and I decided to live up to it!
*wink*
Post a Comment
<< Home