Safe Harbor, Christine Feehan

A bit of a let down.
The Drake sibling stories I most wanted to read happened to be the 4 youngest (Libby, Hannah, Joley, Elle). I liked Libby's story, but Hannah's was very disappointing.
Safe Harbor started off well with an action-packed, adrenaline- and fear-filled opening, but then it sort of meandered and fell apart. The sisters' reactions to the events surrounding Hannah seemed muted, Hannah and Jonas's relationship progressed in a rather superficial fashion, and there was virtually no interaction by the girls' parents, which was never explained. A measly 3 mentions of mom and dad, tops! In addition, if not Jonas, then certainly Jackson should have come to the correct conclusion long before the truth came out. The clues were there.
On the other hand, the set-up for both Joley and Elle's books was intriguing, but given how much I anticipated Hannah and Jonas's story and was let down, I'm rather wary about the final books in the Drake Sisters series.
I think all of Ms Feehan's books need tighter editing. There's a great deal of repetition within each book itself and among the books and series; the constant head-hopping (ie, point-of-view [POV] switches) is rather jolting, and the plot holes need fixing. Link




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home