The Silver Moon Elm - MaryJanice Davidson & Anthony Alongi

Jennifer begins to grow up - somewhat...
The Jennifer Scales series is contracted for 4 books, which is a good thing as the ending of The Silver Moon Elm (Book 3) opens up a host of plot arcs that beg for a resolution (in a good way).
That said, while I enjoyed this 3rd installment of Jennifer's story, I also found that I didn't enjoy it as much as the first 2 books. Part of this is unavoidable as the book is somewhat more grim than the previous books, despite the presence of Jennifer's snarky humor. Issues of love, friendship, loyalty, family, death, betrayal, and more are raised, and for the most part, dealt with fairly well. On the other hand, Jennifer's whining was annoying in several instances, which, admittedly, is typical of kids (and adults), as was her dealings with her friends, ranging from loyalty to insensitivity.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home