Saturday, February 25, 2006

Good Locks

Tired of dealing with your luxurious tresses? Thinking about emulating the military buzz cut? Pondering the joys of no more bad hair days?

Then you're in luck!

Rather than having your shorn locks tossed to the floor like so much detritus, why not donate them for a worth cause? Many cancer patients lose their hair while undergoing various oncologic therapies and your hair donations can help them during a difficult time in their lives.

Locks of Love and Wigs for Children are 2 nonprofit organizations that will accept donated hair to make wigs for children who have cancer. Please note that all donated hair must be at least 10 inches (25.4 cm).

I'm waiting for my hair to grow back to waist-length. At present, it's about two thirds there, then I'll have it shorn. Still haven't decided whether to go for the very short look again (practically bare-scalped) or to aim a bob or page boy. Every 2 to 3 years I'm faced with this dilemma. You'd think I would have a clue by now.

Waist length likely means this summer, so I'll have to go very short, or just long enough that I can pull my hair out of the way. There's not much worse during the sweltering heat and humidity than hair that constantly sticks and pokes you. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home