I'm a Slacker -- Kick Me
Well, before I get into all that, I want to give some space and thought to Hurricane Rita and the areas in her path. I'm sending good wishes for the continued safety and well-being of the people who have been or will be affected.
Unfortunately, Alicia Sparks, as well as Jeigh Lynn, are also in Hurricane Rita's path. I'm sending my bestest wishes for them and their loved ones' safety.
===============================
Okay. I admit it: I've been a very, very bad blogger. 4 entire days without a post. What would be a just and fitting punishment?
Hmm.
Take 2 posts and ignore me the morning. Don't you wish I'd ignore you in the morning?
Heh.
So, you ask, what is the lame excuse now? The same excuse as every other time, of course. The day job. I cannot tell you how happy I will be when I'm no longer the one that needs to oversee everything. I'm counting down the days till the Boss gets back, believe you me!
The interesting way things work at the office continue. Let me just say that disorganization and inefficiency do not a happy me make. Because these create difficulties for me and the people I work with, not to mention that it does not create a very good work environment for anybody and means late nights all too often.
All right, I suppose that is enough whining...for now.
Received Alicia Sparks's wonderful story on Tuesday, Jason's Quest, the first book in her Xai Chronicles. I had intended to get it back to her tonight but I've been leaving the office late daily and haven't had much time to work on it. I'm hoping I can get out -- on time -- tomorrow so I can finish it. The book is intended as part of one of two Halloween anthologies at Loose Id. :-D
For those of who have wondered, who have had this burning curiosity to know...no, I have not yet done my laundry. Yes, I'm running out of clothes. No, I don't know when it will get done. If I don't have to go into the office this weekend, I will endeavor to drag my sorry self out of bed and get it taken care of.
It is now almost 2 am. Having done my duty, I think I need some shut eye.
Good night (or morning) and may Rita do little to no damage.
PS. The Loose Id Authors' Scavenger Hunt is over. I will list the winners some time this weekend. Congrats to all the winners.
Salvation Army
The Red Cross
Loose Id Katrina Relief Blog




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home