Red Cross Hurricane Katrina and Other Related Events Fund
If you haven't donated yet, I would urge you to give something to help ameliorate this huge disaster.
Click here for the Red Cross's Hurricane Katrina and Other Related Events Fund.
It's really terrible and sad and disturbing what's going on in the affected areas, particularly Louisiana, where not only looting is taking place, but rapes and beatings, as well as shootings at emergency personnel.
I thought about volunteering to go down South, but given that my boss has taken some well-deserved time off and will be on vacation soon, plus the amount of work at the office, I doubt that I'd be allowed to do so.
At any rate, the Red Cross has said that what they need most is money, and thankfully there are many volunteers who have already gone and will go. I think more military and law officials are needed there to keep the situation from becoming even more worse than it already is.
I'll be keeping everyone down there in my thoughts.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home