Sick as a Dawg, etc
Yes, indeedy, I was having a fine ol' time working on edits yesterday and starting feeling mighty ill midafternoon. I courageously persevered until about 6:30 pm or so, then gave up, despite the fact I still needed to complete some edits for Eve Vaughn (please forgive me, Eve!).
I'm pretty sure it was food poisoning. I had a massive headache, horrendous nausea, and a roiling stomach. Essentially all the symptoms I've had from previous experiences, except nothing came up, thank goodness. When I finally couldn't stand it anymore, I got into bed, pulled the covers and slept. Woke up once or twice and still felt sick to my stomach but, thankfully, it was all over this morning.
Okay, so that's not what you really wanted to read. You want to know what I'm editing and why is it taking so long, and what the hella is up.
First, let me tackle the why it's taking so long. Two words: day job. That's right. Corporate inefficiency continues to rear its ugly head... and that's on top of client expectations, reasonable or not.
Second, I'm looking at quite a few things actually.
I returned Eve Vaughn's Romeo Unleashed, the third book in her awesome vampire series, Blood Brothers. Eve just keeps getting better and better. This story's looking really good and will be released in the near future.
J.L. Langley has been very diligent with writing The Tin Star, a beautiful m/m story that I know readers will love. I've been reviewing chapters as they've been written, and let me tell you, this author's talent is simply amazing.
I finally was able to send off my comments for Kate Steele's vampire story. This is another terrifically talented writer, whose story is sure to draw you right in.
Reading is in progress on two other stories, one of which is a resubmission that I enjoyed the first go-round but had some suggestions for, and the other is a new submission, which I'm also currently enjoying. I'm hoping to complete my reading on both of these soon.
Willa Okati is working on the 3rd book in her exciting Brotherhood series, The Dragon's Tongue. I'm anxiously awaiting more of her skilled writing.
I've also been trying to keep up with the work of another fabulously talented writer. Her name is Lori, she's currently unpublished, and she's a member of JBuL, the critique group whose members number 5, all of whom are fantastic and nice ladies, to boot. Three of these talented authors are published (Jeigh Lynn, Brenda Bryce, and Laura Shinn), and we're all waiting for Lori and Les to dust off their fingers and get cracking on finishing their sizzling stories.
A friend of mine dragged me out to see Chicken Little. Two words: rent it. While I had high hopes (based on the trailers) for this latest Disney animation film, and it had its truly inspired moments (my fave character was the fish, with whom I identified because I'm Piscean), it turned into a farce near the end. However, do stay as the credits roll. The moments there are rather good, but not enough to save the movie.
So, I have been keeping busy, and I'm trying to pay all those pesky bills that insist on (mistakenly, I'm sure) landing inside my mailbox, as well as write long overdue snail mails, too.
What's a poor editor to do, I ask you?




2 Comments:
EEP! I had no idea you were so sick! Glad you are better! I know Eve will certainly forgive you for taking a break.
And yes yes we are definitely going to get all the members of JBuL published...there is tremendous talent in the group... not just writers either, but editors and crafters too.
A Pieces, eh? Well that explains it...I've always gotten along instantly and perfectly with Pieces! Yup, Cancers and Pieces go well together, which would explain why you get along with Brenda Bryce as well, and fellow Cancerian.
Awww, thanks, Jeigh! Mwah!
I can't wait for Lori and Les to be published. Your entire group is definitely hugely talented! :-D
WHOO HOO!!! Go crabs and fish! lol.
Post a Comment
<< Home