A Ton of Reading the Past Few Weeks...
I hardly know where to begin!
I reread all the books in Jaid Black's Trek Mi Q'an series, as well as Anya Bast's stories, Nikki Soarde's stories, and several other titles from Ellora's Cave, including the anthology And Lady Makes Three.
Some print books I enjoyed were Susannah Russe's vampire book Darkwing Chronicles Book 1: Beyond the Pale, as well as Lori Handeland's werewolf series: Blue Moon, Hunter's Moon, and Dark Moon, although each of these books has its share of inconsistencies and plot holes/unanswered issues. Past Redemption (Darkwing Chronicles book 2) and Crescent Moon will be coming soon, February and April, 2006, respectively.
C.J. Barry's action romance Unearthed was very good, and Karen Marie Moning's time travel romances (which I read out of sequence, unfortunately, as I was unable to get my hands on all the books at the same time from my local library. Imagine that.): Beyond the Highland Mist, To Tame a Highland Warrior, and The Immortal Highlander.
The first 3 books of the Crimson City series (about werewolves, vampires and humans living in uneasy coexistence) by Liz Maverick, Marjorie M Liu, and Patti O'Shea were breathtaking. They are, respectively, Crimson City, A Taste of Crimson, and Through a Crimson Veil. I haven't managed to get my hands on the 4th book yet (A Darker Crimson by Carolyn Jewel). The next installment by Jade Lee, Seduced by Crimson, is due out in February 2006, and the last, untitled, again by Liz Maverick, is out sometime in May or June 2006, I believe. :-D
In addition, I took a gander at Susan Grant's 2176 series: Liz Maverick's The Shadow Runners started out really well, then petered out toward the end, but Patti O'Shea's The Power of Two, as you read from an earlier blog post, I thought was just great! I've got both of Susan Grant's books (The Legend of Banzai Maguire, The Scarlet Empress) already but haven't read them yet, and Kathleen Nance's book, Day of Fire, is pending from the library. :0)
You'll have noticed that I have not yet read Rachel Caine's Weather Warden series that I'd mentioned previously. I think the above gives you an idea why, lol.
There are some other books I read, but I can't think of what they are right now. This is what happens when you can't post for a long time and when your memory is like a huge void. >:-O
Lest you think I wasn't doing any work, I did. I worked on Willa Okati's 3rd book in her The Brotherhood series: The Dragon's Tongue. Oh, it is delicious!
In addition, Kate Steele did a marvelous set of revisions on her vampire tale, By Blood's Decree.
J. L. Langley and I have been hashing out various plot elements for The Tin Star, which has been fun. Well, more so for me than J.L., I fear. :0)
In addition, I'm working on reading 3 new submissions.
And that's that for now.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home