Saturday, September 03, 2005

Weekends Zoom, but Weekdays Crawl

Loose Id, its authors, artists, and editors, as well as writers from outside of LI are pulling together to generate money toward the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. Most of us have already donated to various causes including the Salvation Army and The Red Cross, but we'd like to do more. (Click on these names if you'd like to donate.)

It was Willa Okati who first came up with this idea of pooling LI's resources, and I say hats off to this wonderful lady! :-D

Stay tuned for more news about this. I'm going to be throwing in editing for a novel or two, and possibly work on some behind the scenes stuff. After all, I can't write for beans and graphics and Web-type things would end up a terrible mess in my hands, lol.

On to ramblings:

If only I could work a 4-day week and have a 3-day weekend all the time. I mean, I'm working as many hours in 5-days as if I were there 7 days, so why not? Grrr.

Got up late today *boooooo, hisssssss* but did get some work done, so please don't bop me a few. Managed to evaluate another LI submission, which I also recommended for revision. It was a different take on an old tale and pretty engaging, but I had some questions about it, so we'll see.

Also, you might recall from my mumblings last night that I had read 3 other submissions from 2 new authors. Well, one of these writers will likely end up working with me, the poor thing! lol. :-D We'll see how that turns out; I'd love to work with this author because the stories that were submitted were quite good; they just needed some revisions to get them going a little further before I can work on them, but it depends on what the writer decides to do.

I also went reviewed the first line edits to come back for Eve Vaughn's fantastic Blood Brother's 2: Niccolo's Witch. Eve and I did pretty good, overall, lol, which is a relief. I did have some D'Oh! moments, however. :-O At any rate, the end is in sight, so Eve's impatient and eager fans will have something to sink their teeth into (pun intended) pretty soon. :-D

Will be working on completing my first set of edits for Jeigh Lynn's incredible All Hallow's Moon. I'm hoping to have it completed by end of day Monday. :0) You won't want to miss this one of Jeigh's stories. :-D

I did see The 40-Year-Old Virgin today. There were definitely some very, very funny moments in this film, as well as truisms. All in all, it wasn't too bad, but I'm still glad I didn't pay full price. :0) Corpse Bride and Harry Potter, however, might score full fare from me, lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home